Oz Painters

Forum for the Australian miniature painting and sculpting community
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:18 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:16 am 

Hi Painters,

The Hall of Heroes is hosting its inaugural painting competition. It is being held in store on the 30th of June 2012.

This event will be something we hold each year around about the same time so hopefully over time it will build to be quite a popular event on the calendar.

All the details can be found at http://www.thehallofheroes.com.au/event_details.php?event_code=173

Should you have any questions especially about which category your entry will suit then please email us at info@thehallofheroes.com.au

Cheers,
Matt

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:25 am 

Is this event only open to locals?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:26 am 

The painting competition is not restricted to local players.

We want to grow this into a significant painting competition in the future so the more the merrier.

The only condition we have stipulated is that we will not accept models which are not hand delivered. This means if you cannot deliver your own entry then you will need to organise a friend or relative to deliver your entry on your behalf. The person delivering the model will be asked to countersign the receipt of delivery acknowledging any damage present on the model when delivered.

My experience is that with very few exceptions models no matter how well packed tend not to survive being posted or couriered.

Cheers,
Matt

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:25 pm 

Yay! It's a painting comp on an OzPainters day! I should have a few things I can put into the contest.

Malifaux Henchman - "It's a game I play with models I paint and... Well, have you ever wondered what an eight foot tall angry teddy bear can do to a half-man, half-spider-robot? 'Cause I found out the other day..."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:35 am 

How'd the Inaugral HoH painting comp go? Do you have any pics to post up for those of us who couldn't get up there this time?

Maria

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:01 am 

There was a decent turn out, and some nice entries. I know some photos were going to be taken on Sunday, and then posted on the website at a later date. I snapped a few quick photos on the day, but the ones taken on by Hall of Heroes will turn out better.

Malifaux Henchman - "It's a game I play with models I paint and... Well, have you ever wondered what an eight foot tall angry teddy bear can do to a half-man, half-spider-robot? 'Cause I found out the other day..."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:27 am 

Some photos up in The Hall Of Heroes gallery:

http://thehallofheroes.com.au/gallery.php