Oz Painters

Forum for the Australian miniature painting and sculpting community
It is currently Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:14 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:44 pm 

Golden Demon has been cancelled? Hmmm... there didnt seem to be complications running it the rounds system from 2005 - 2010 here in Australia? Must be very complicated... :wink: :roll:

I can understand if we had never had the previous rounds system... but we know it is possible to run Golden Demon in this country without Games Day, so it sounds like a cop-out answer to me.

Also a coincidence that there seems to be 'complications' with GD Spain, GD France and GD Germany..... :P

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:03 pm 

I agree with Kyle on this one...Seems like a 'big' cop out...
It feels like GW want to move further and further away from the 'higher/display' end painting scene...
They only seems interested in army painting nowadays...

I, for one, am bitterly dissapointed with this...I cannot see why they can't put golden demon on...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:41 pm 

What Mantra said seems accurate - the staffer also said that Armies on Parade would still run... Somehow...

Dances are an important ingredient in painting for GD.

I'll accept that.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:05 am 

Just started work on an entry 3 days ago and now I hear about this... talk about bad timing!

Thanks for the updates on the rumours guys! Appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:42 am 

Yeah of course they will find a way for 'Monies on Parade' to still run....

Just throw away a 25+ year tradition in miniature painting, and for the last 15 years here in Australia.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:46 am 

Here, here Kyle...

I actually got into quite a 'heated' debate with my local GW store manager on Saturday...Who was trying to convince me that GW and the 'new' white dwarf were 'still' heavily focused on 'display/demon' painters...What a load of 'crap'...There is nothing for 'painters' any more, just army painters...
30 years I have been following and supporting GW, and it has come to this...The final slap in the face...ha ha...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:49 am 

So we have a few different reports from different managers from GW stores and a phone call that said it was still "going" to happen but the ATP even manager was absent to confirm things with GW... That's about the run of play at this point right?

I'm not feeling real motivated to paint any GD stuff if this is the case. Like I have said before, not saying anything about the plans for this year will hurt the brand more then not committing to a 'yes or no' for the Games Day/Golden Demon Oz event.

I was under the impression that the last GDOz was much bigger in turnout then the first one so I thought that GW was on a winner in Austraila again with a good and massive gaming and painting event.

I would just like an answer for the questions this year from GW thats all.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:44 am 

Assuming GD really is off this year, will the Camels still go ahead? I might actually be in Oz this year, this time round.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:59 am 

BTW...I was also told that armies on parade would still go ahead...

How is this going to pan out then??? instore comp...then what? how is this to be judged nationally???

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:29 pm 

Well, I for one will be only working on one entry for now I think..... Then if there is some kind of actual response from GW I'll start to actually care about GD this year, no comp means no motivation for me and I will work on other projects at my own pace.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:40 pm 

I would like to do something still, but I doubt I could get the same sort of reception as a Camels after GD.

Assuming GD is not being held this year, I'm thinking that I'd like to get together for something on the MOAB weekend (October), and maybe in Melbourne around PAX in July.

I posted on Facebook, but the fact that GD might not be on means I could possibly have some more opportunity to paint some things outside of GW for a few months. It's disappointing, but I think there's enough momentum and enthusiasm here to make events like OzPainters Open, etc. even better.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:38 pm 

I agree, if GD is not on this year I will definitely try and make a special effort to support the smaller comps. If GD is gone for good, they probably represent the best way to to keep painting alive in Australia...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:42 pm 

I've just heard that Golden Demons are off this year but should go ahead again next year.
There are moves afoot at GW to organise a Australian only painting comp nationally that will fill the gap for this year. It won't be the Demons but I guess it will be interesting to see how it shapes up.
I'll update if I hear more.

On a side note we're just waiting to hear from the Little War organisers when the event will be on so the Ozpainters Open will happen then.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:47 pm 

Hey Pete we must of just got the same message

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:52 pm 

Gutted...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next