Oz Painters

Forum for the Australian miniature painting and sculpting community
It is currently Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:51 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:13 pm 

Hey Everyone,

Yes, I'm one of the staff painters for Privateer Press. I am traveling to CanCon 2014 to teach some informal painting classes and share a presentation on some painting theory. I will be staying in Australia after CanCon traveling around the country to meet with gaming and painting communities and to hold classes.

Canberra will be a 1 day paid course at Defiance Gaming. It's 8 hours of intermediate to advance technique instruction including 2 brush blending. The cost for the 1 day class is $110/person.

I am currently scheduling classes for Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.

A lot more information can be found on WargamerAU

http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.p ... pic=155649

I've painted the following models (just a sampling)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:38 pm 

Hi Meg,

We're super excited you're coming to Australia.

I can't make it to Canberra for that week, but we're working hard to get together people for Melbourne.

Do you have a rought idea of when would you want to be visiting each of the cities? How long are you planning on being in Oz?

Looking forward to learning some new stuff. Morvahna is a stunning model, and I love what you did with Aurora, you've inspired me to paint one too.

~ Maria

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:52 pm 

I'd definitely be interested in attending this. How do I get in on it?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:04 am 

The best way to sign up for the class and get updates is either going to my personal Facebook page (Meg Maples, I work for Privateer Press and live in Everett, WA). My profile picture is me eating a huge sandwich.

Or you can go to my fan page on Facebook Arcane Paintworks

Or you can go to Wargamer AU forums. That is where we are compiling a list of names for each city so I can gauge interest and get weekends and locations scheduled. All of the classes will be after CanCon as of now. This may change.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:12 am 

RealmofLegends wrote:
Hi Meg,

We're super excited you're coming to Australia.

I can't make it to Canberra for that week, but we're working hard to get together people for Melbourne.

Do you have a rought idea of when would you want to be visiting each of the cities? How long are you planning on being in Oz?

Looking forward to learning some new stuff. Morvahna is a stunning model, and I love what you did with Aurora, you've inspired me to paint one too.

~ Maria

I'm planning on being in Oz about a month, maybe longer. I currently have CanCon and the Canberra class slated in, followed by Sydney. I am trying to figure out the order in which I will get to Adelaide, Melbourne and Brisbane.

Thanks for the compliments! I had a lot of fun painting those models for the studio. I look forward to painting copies I can keep for myself. I'm already working on a converted Clockwork Angel. I put Aurora's wings on one of the angels and repositioned the legs. I'm making a base for her so I can pin her to a wall and make her really look like she's flying.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:49 am 

Hey Melbourne folk,

Just thought I'd let you all know that the Melbourne course is locked in the the 18&19th of January. It's also filling up super fast, there's only a couple of spots left. Payment secures your spot.

Cost is $205 for the full weekend. Being so close after Christmas I've called it a Christmas present (to myself), a weekend off & learning how to paint, what could be better?

Meg needs payments in by 1st of November to secure her visa, so you have time to save. The other cities are starting to fill up, however looks like Melbourne has the most numbers at this stage.

It's being held at D6 gaming in Melton, I know there are a few faces from out that side of town, and for those coming from out east way, maybe we could arrange a road trip car pool, I think I'm the furthest away so happy to drive everyone.

~ Maria

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:13 am 

Hey Everyone,

I'm starting to really ramp up planning and getting things in order.

If anyone is interested in a class please let me know. The dates I have are:

Jan 11 & 12 2014 Adelaide Master Class @ Infinity Games

Jan 18 & 19 2014 Melbourne Master Class @ D6 Gaming

Jan 25-27 2014 CanCon and Canberra 1 Day Master Class @ Defiant Gaming
I'll also be at CanCon just as a special guest and people can come and paint with me during the con, though instruction at the con will be minimal, it'll be a great opportunity to ask me questions, see some of my work in person and give me opportunity to regale you with my tales!

Feb 1 & 2 2014 Sydney Master Class @ Hall of Heroes

Feb 8 & 9 2014 Brisbane Master Class @ Good Games

The classes run 8 hours each day with a 1 hour lunch break factored in. I still have seats available in all of the classes though some are filling up faster than others.

If you have any questions please feel free to post them or email me. If you'd like to sign up you can email me at fieldarchy@gmail.com or if you'd like to secure your seat in class you can send USD$205/person to fieldarchy@gmail.com through Paypal for the 2 day classes. If you'd like to sign up for Canberra's 1 day class send USD$110/person to fieldarchy@gmail.com through Paypal.

If anyone would like to sign up but needs a payment plan please get in touch with me ASAP and we can work something out.

I'm also offering 1 on 1 classes during the week. I'll be visiting each city for about a week and several people have expressed interest in having more intimate tutoring sessions. The private classes are USD$25/hour or USD$100/day (for an 8 hour day).

I'm really looking forward to coming and meeting the Australian Gaming Community. So far, everyone has been super friendly online. I can only imagine y'all are even friendlier in person! :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:01 pm 

I would be really interested in just coming and watching you paint to see if I can pick up some tricks I don't know about, also to swap war stories and to see some of your work. At the moment CanCon is the only avenue for this so I guess Ill be making a trip back to o my home town then travelling the rest of the way to Canberra for CanCon. What day of the Con are you running the Class, just so I can coordinate my travel around it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:33 am 

agent_venom wrote:
I would be really interested in just coming and watching you paint to see if I can pick up some tricks I don't know about, also to swap war stories and to see some of your work. At the moment CanCon is the only avenue for this so I guess Ill be making a trip back to o my home town then travelling the rest of the way to Canberra for CanCon. What day of the Con are you running the Class, just so I can coordinate my travel around it.

The class during CanCon will be held at Defiant Gaming on the 27th. The other two days of the con I'll be at the convention in the Warmachine and Hordes tournament area painting and socializing with people. Hopefully, I'll have some new tricks to teach you! I've been experimenting with new things lately and it seems to be catching on slowly in the States.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:51 am 

My visa was approved yesterday! I'm so excited to come to Oz and meet new painters! Hopefully I can teach some new things and also learn from you guys as well.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:22 am 

Well I guess I'll be seeing you at CanCon.

will you have samples of work with you for the Con?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:33 pm 

Hi Meg! Do you have a final cut off date for payments to be made?

Malifaux Henchman - "It's a game I play with models I paint and... Well, have you ever wondered what an eight foot tall angry teddy bear can do to a half-man, half-spider-robot? 'Cause I found out the other day..."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:39 am 

agent_venom wrote:

Assuming TSA doesn't destroy them, yup! I should. I plan on bringing a few things with me. And something to enter into the competition at CanCon.

The cut off date for payments is Nov 1 or you can email me and we can work out a payment plan. I'm just asking for USD$50 down and the rest paid in installments or in full before the class.

You can email me at fieldarchy@gmail.com or send payment to that email via paypal to sign up. I'll add the name to my lists. Just let me know which location you'd like to sign up for and you'll be marked down.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:16 am 

Hmm... I better finish something for the cancon painting comp as well then.... Well at least that's my motivation to complete something to a high standard now :| haha I'm a lazy painter without deadlines.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:34 pm 

fieldarchy wrote:
agent_venom wrote:

Assuming TSA doesn't destroy them, yup! I should. I plan on bringing a few things with me. And something to enter into the competition at CanCon.

The cut off date for payments is Nov 1 or you can email me and we can work out a payment plan. I'm just asking for USD$50 down and the rest paid in installments or in full before the class.

You can email me at fieldarchy@gmail.com or send payment to that email via paypal to sign up. I'll add the name to my lists. Just let me know which location you'd like to sign up for and you'll be marked down.

Great! I'll get the first payment through in the next few days.

Malifaux Henchman - "It's a game I play with models I paint and... Well, have you ever wondered what an eight foot tall angry teddy bear can do to a half-man, half-spider-robot? 'Cause I found out the other day..."