Oz Painters

Forum for the Australian miniature painting and sculpting community
It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:41 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:25 pm 

Ok guys here is the first of my red stuff ,I hope I am allowed multiple entries :)

first up is Kommander Harkevich

next up is Black Ivan

next up is Alexia Ciannor & the Risen

next up is a Steelhead Heavy Cavalry Unit

next up is a Destroyer

next up is a Devastator

next up is a Juggernaut

and lastly a Iron Fang Pikemen unit

I will have some more in the next week or so

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:13 pm 

Nice 8) 8)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:10 pm 

I never said that it was one entry only. And lets face it, this was to encourage people to paint and have fun. If that means people end up with heaps painted, I'm just going to sit back and smile. Care to share how you did the reds? It looks like you have a few different versions of red among the different pics.

Malifaux Henchman - "It's a game I play with models I paint and... Well, have you ever wondered what an eight foot tall angry teddy bear can do to a half-man, half-spider-robot? 'Cause I found out the other day..."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:55 pm 

Nick if it gets me to paint a mini even better :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:01 am 

Here's my effort for tonight or at least 3 hours :roll:
Thanx jay

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:27 am 

Jay, you inspired me! I am going to do a small vignette of old school fantasy minis also. Only fitting considering WHFB is going in a new direction now.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:00 am 

Sounds sweet as Kyle I look forward to seeing what minis your gunna use I'm sure you have a small pile of old lead stashed away begging to be awakened 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:37 pm 

Here's my Red Challenge Mini - Anna from the Helldorado Westerners

This particular red is made from a base of Khorne Red & Skrag Brown which is then highlighted with Evil Sunz Scarlet, Balor Brown, Kislev Flesh & Pallid Wytch Flesh. It was then glazed with a light coat of Bloodletter with a little Seraphim Sepia mixed in.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:44 pm 

Nice work Peter that red looks real nice consider that recipe stolen :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:06 pm 

My base for my vignette. Wanted that real old school fantasy feel to it. so used pretty bright flock and stuff for the base. Still need to clean up the side of the base with black paint.

Now have to get onto the figures!

EDIT: Sorry about the filter... took it from my phone... and was playing around with vintage settings... haha fits the old school. :P

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:40 pm 

Haaaaaaaa that's cool Kyle :D I think we're all going bright old school colours I don't have a clue what minis your using as yet :roll: how about a sneak peak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:03 pm 

Yes even I have gotten a bit done myself started with Vallejo vermillion dam that stuffs bright :lol: finished
basing the shoulders and sword Handel I will leave the sword for last as I always rub the paint off with me fat fingers :roll: :roll: :roll: . I'm thinking of going with a black helmet and boots??????
Thanks jay 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:52 pm 

I need you all to know that you have been keeping my going the past week and making me want to paint. I've been sick so haven't done ANYTHING! Hopefully that changes tomorrow.

Kyle, that base is giving me GD flashbacks. Like when people used to post going 'can anyone guess what i'm working on?'...

Malifaux Henchman - "It's a game I play with models I paint and... Well, have you ever wondered what an eight foot tall angry teddy bear can do to a half-man, half-spider-robot? 'Cause I found out the other day..."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:26 pm 

hey guys loving all the old school stuff very cool indeed reminds me of the golden age of minis :lol:
and Pete I really like how yours is coming out you are getting some really nice results

as for my first post I forgot to tell you guys what I used for the reds all of them are air brushed (couldn't turn over this many with out it) starting with a Vallejo black primer then some highlights mostly from above of vallejo german red brown then I do the final highlight (just a dot where needed) with GW blood red or evil sunz scarlet what ever they call it this week and to get the different hues of red I blow over watered down wash of GW washes either agrax,sepia,blue,red or yellow etc depending on what tint I want , the ulans in this post are done the same but with no wash so I could have a really strong red and the red on the Outriders is done with a brush with a base of GW korn red then a wash of arax then highlight by progressively mixing evil suns into the base and thats pretty much it
I'm working on a couple of display pieces now which happen to have some red in them so I will see how I go I may have some more before the red challenge ends :)

Iron Fang Uhlans

Greylord Outriders

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:46 am 

Those look awesome Jason!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next