Oz Painters

Forum for the Australian miniature painting and sculpting community
It is currently Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:05 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:12 pm 

This months challenge was selected by loup_garouis for winning Challenge 2, and no one opposing challenge 4.

This could be lighting, atmosphere, colour choices, subject matter... all four!

An explanation of the OzPainters Challenges can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5369

Pictures of completed models and any description you want to add to them should be added to this thread by 12.01 am 20/12/2015.

Malifaux Henchman - "It's a game I play with models I paint and... Well, have you ever wondered what an eight foot tall angry teddy bear can do to a half-man, half-spider-robot? 'Cause I found out the other day..."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:56 pm 

I have a male for this one. If it helps it isn't the wanking incubus. :lol:

A tiny little Red Box wizard with a flame ball in his hand.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:59 pm 

Well I'm finished. Just got to think of a good name to paint on the plinth. Although I'm not quite sure it's dark enough, may have to return to it later.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:55 pm 

Just a reminder that these are due tonight! Loup_Garouis, I also need you to let me know what the theme of the next challenge is.

My one, Rackham Familiar of Dark:

Malifaux Henchman - "It's a game I play with models I paint and... Well, have you ever wondered what an eight foot tall angry teddy bear can do to a half-man, half-spider-robot? 'Cause I found out the other day..."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:40 pm 

Painting dark is hard. I either couldn't get it dark enough, or my lighter areas are too light. Doesn't help that all the cool moonlight colours were robbed from the scenery in the photo. It's something that will require repeated practice.

The idea is that the necromancer has finally decided that even against the wishes of this beloved, that bringing her back is the only way. So he travels alone, for he is alone in all things now, to reanimate her.

My idea for next challenge is just to have it as "enter CanCon painting comp". I've not as much spare time anymore. We could have it that you need to use something you learned from the challenges for your entry. Although this doesn't isolate those that didn't enter much or at all, because observational learning must count for something.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:28 pm 

I will admit, I had some trouble with this one as well. At first I was trying to get a moonlit result, but it didn't work out. I still enjoyed it as a fun project though. NMM and dark scenes were both things that struck me i this as needing more practice. I want to try it again in the future.