Oz Painters

Forum for the Australian miniature painting and sculpting community
It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:30 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:26 pm 

it must be a new thing they have done. looks good.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:26 pm 

That's very cool!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:39 pm 

Not sure if it is the same in the Oz white Dwarf, but Kyle's ork and Seb's Banshee are in this months issue.

Automaton: those painted pics on the (Heroquest) box were awesome! I looked at them as virtually an unattainable goal in painting, haha...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:20 pm 

Yep, Kyle's is in the Slayer Sword Winners, and Seb's is in the Vampire Counts section.

Malifaux Henchman - "It's a game I play with models I paint and... Well, have you ever wondered what an eight foot tall angry teddy bear can do to a half-man, half-spider-robot? 'Cause I found out the other day..."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:53 pm 

The colours on Seb's banshee look really dark. It's hard to tell the checks on the dress are even red. Way to mess with a great paint job GW :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:34 pm 

The pictures of the Oz stuff are not good. Seb's Banshee is extremely dark. Mine is a little lighter, but it suffers from a bit of blurriness. A shame, as its a nice article with all the winners and then some examples of VC winners over the year.

I think it would be great if they had a spotlight of GD entries from a particular army each month. Like they used to have examples of GD winning models in Army Books and Codexes back in the day.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:26 am 

Nice to see some high quality and non studio painted miniatures in White Dwarf for a change, it's the first WD I have bought in about 9 months. Although the photo quality of the Oz stuff hasn't improved, the shots of Kyle's Ork he sent me on my iPhone were so much better.

KyleM wrote:
I think it would be great if they had a spotlight of GD entries from a particular army each month. Like they used to have examples of GD winning models in Army Books and Codexes back in the day.

That was my comment to the GW manager when I picked up the WD. I really miss that part in the new Codex/army books.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:23 pm 

Have GW shown a display of all the 2011 GD winners together in white dwarf yet? Or have I missed it... Been checking every month but I haven't seen it. I really hope so, seeing my entry in white dwarf is one of the main reasons I entered GD. I've wanted to since I got my first issue in 1996 or something :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:27 pm 

I've been watching too. Nothing yet. Closest was this month where Kyle's Ork and Sebastian's banshee are in there, but not photos from the event or anything like that yet.

Malifaux Henchman - "It's a game I play with models I paint and... Well, have you ever wondered what an eight foot tall angry teddy bear can do to a half-man, half-spider-robot? 'Cause I found out the other day..."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:55 pm 

I really doubt you will ever see coverage in WD. There hasnt been coverage of an Oz GD since 2008. There is a centralised single UK based White Dwarf now, so they rarely ever print anything that is not UK based. or rather even not GW Nottingham studio based articles.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:26 pm 

Just a heads up, I do always update the first post. Should be up to date, even with the new 'smaller' GD events.

(Let me know if I have missed any!)

Latest winner was Angelo Di Chello at the European Warhammer Fest in Amsterdam I believe.