Oz Painters

Forum for the Australian miniature painting and sculpting community
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:28 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:06 pm 

I think it is sad this behaviour extends beyond the competitive sphere (tournaments and painting contests) and into the way he behaves with his friends. It speaks of personality issues that need treatment. It is more than a person acting dishonestly, it is a person who is incapable of acting honestly.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:21 pm 

I totally agree paintingploddy. this is a very serious matter to the people whom enjoy the hobby and are as involved as the members of this forum, who contribute amazingly to the development of the painting community. I am not suggesting a lynching of this individual, but i encourage members to become conscientious of this happening again.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:23 pm 

And he also got away with 3 demon statues as he collected them on the day :x

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:31 pm 

Then GW would have his face on record.

Dances are an important ingredient in painting for GD.

I'll accept that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:27 pm 

snowmaninhell wrote:
Then GW would have his face on record.

Was thinking that earlier. Everyone there with a statue got photographed.

Malifaux Henchman - "It's a game I play with models I paint and... Well, have you ever wondered what an eight foot tall angry teddy bear can do to a half-man, half-spider-robot? 'Cause I found out the other day..."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:37 pm 

I don't want to sound stupid, but there's one thing I want to get totally straight in my head. Are Raymond Barbalescu and Gerard Barb definitely the same person - like, did people see him get up on stage and claim the trophies for two allegedly different painters? I would have thought that alone would be suspicious enough for GW to DQ all of his entries, if he didn't have some amazingly convincing excuse. I sure hope this incident inspires them to tighten up the rules next year.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:04 am 

Godfather wrote:
I don't want to sound stupid, but there's one thing I want to get totally straight in my head. Are Raymond Barbalescu and Gerard Barb definitely the same person - like, did people see him get up on stage and claim the trophies for two allegedly different painters? I would have thought that alone would be suspicious enough for GW to DQ all of his entries, if he didn't have some amazingly convincing excuse. I sure hope this incident inspires them to tighten up the rules next year.

I can confirm that Raymond Barbalescu and Gerard Barb are one in the same person. I personally wasn't there, but I have friends that were there and know him. I also know that when some of his mates asked him what was with the fake name he claimed a GW staff member suggested it due to a document that was published about him cheating at the game. When I heard this I spoke with that staff member (who I also know) and he claimed it was bull, never happened.

This guy cheated, there is 100% proof that he did not do the dreadnought, as for the other 2 categories they couldn't find the painters who did it. As a result according to the guide lines of the tournament and the company policy they could not DQ him for the other 2 categories. It is a joke, a huge joke, but not much anyone can do apparently.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:37 pm 

there's a little clause at the end of the conditions of entry/rules which says that 'while you may not agree with the judges final decisions, their decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into' - i would have thought that they COULD do whatever they like (as it is their competition) and revoke the awards without explanation...

Obviously I was wrong.

We can only hope they re-word the conditions of entry next year and close the 'loophole' to stop asshat's from taking the piss and making a mockery of other people's own hard work.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/wereweevil

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:08 pm 

difsta wrote:
as for the other 2 categories they couldn't find the painters who did it. As a result according to the guide lines of the tournament and the company policy they could not DQ him for the other 2 categories. It is a joke, a huge joke, but not much anyone can do apparently.

So, he is a 'known cheat' but despite this, all entries of his are deemed legit until proven otherwise, and despite cheating in the comp, he may still enter (hence was allowed to keep the other two trophies)....

So, in accordance with the rules, as written by those muppets at GW, this *insert rude word here*-head can still enter next year, and win trophies, if nobody can prove he did not paint the models he entered :evil: . The current rules need a serious overhaul, as does the photography, by the looks of things.....

_______

Proudly GW free since the embargo/ price hike :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:20 pm 

Funny thing about justice, the person making any accusation must prove the allegation. Innocent until proven guilty. The accused doesn't have to prove anything hence why Seb and Kyle had to create their brief of evidence. While the majority here (including me) feel if he cheated in one category, entered under a false name and lied about why he did that, this obviously didn't satisfy whoever was required to judge the case at GW.

The only positive is that while he has two trophies on his mantle his peers know him as a cheat.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:41 pm 

Mahon, has written a nice little rundown on the cheating controversy on Chest of Colours:

http://chestofcolors.com/scandal-at-golden-demon-australia/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10