Oz Painters

Forum for the Australian miniature painting and sculpting community
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:47 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: GD OZ 2011 Results
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:00 pm 

Hmmm judging from the pictures Michael has been posting.... Are you guys sure that we got the Fantasy Single Category right? There is a Chaos Sorcerer in Silver Place... and I think I vaguely remember that one being called out at Games Day also... do you think that won the Silver instead of the Duelist?

Same as Vehicle category? Did the Dread win Gold or Bronze? And out of interest.. what is the painters name who painted the Dread and I think he painted the Silver winning Terminator and the DA scout vs Nids also? Anyone know him?

Also, I have put links to the pictures in the List of Winners on the first page.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:43 pm 

i remember the chaos sorceror being named the silver place.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:05 pm 

Argh!!! whats going on! I hear I have this place and that and slowly its all slipping away haha! think i might steer clear for a bit until we have an idea.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:31 pm 

Wait. what? I am SERIOUSLY disappoint. :| Can this be true? Not to say that the dreadnought wasn't magnificent. It was.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:42 pm 

Guys you gotta remember these were just what we thought were the winners... most of us were receiving awards as well, so were not able to listen to all of the winners. Also the categories were not displayed with any indication of who had won... just 5 finalists in each category. So any winners on the list were only from our memory. Sorry if we got any wrong. Best thing to do if you are in doubt is call up your local hobby shop or call up GW direct. I am sure someone will have a definitive answer to which miniatures won.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:45 pm 

Quote:
Same as Vehicle category? Did the Dread win Gold or Bronze? And out of interest.. what is the painters name who painted the Dread and I think he painted the Silver winning Terminator and the DA scout vs Nids also? Anyone know him?

Yeah he painted all three of those DA entries, I met him in the regionals at Camberwell but he was gaming at the time too so didn't speak much, not sure what his name was though sorry.

The dread really was fantastic, i'd be surprised if it did come in 3rd, certainly a gold place for me.

Looking at the pics I agree that the Eldar vehicle was underrated too, there was some definite brush skill displayed on that model, it must have been very close.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:09 pm 

Congrats to all the winners! :)

Automaton: those painted pics on the (Heroquest) box were awesome! I looked at them as virtually an unattainable goal in painting, haha...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:18 am 

Rather than clutter up the photo threads I thought it would be a good idea to start this thread. First congrats to all the winners, some categories blew me away. The main thing to say is congrats to Kyle, for getting a Sword he has deserved for a very long time.

I do have a question, what is the difference between Innitiate and Youngbloods?

And to mimic a question from this forum about the NA GD, were there any big names in attendance? Other than Kyle, he is the only person whose work I recognized. It seemed like there was a drastic jump in skill level(no offense meant here) amongst the winners in some categories, but based on the photos, I agree with the placing. Overall, looks like a good turnout, quality wise, I would have loved to have been there. Great job to all of those who placed, or entered.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:46 am 

KyleM wrote:
Hmmm judging from the pictures Michael has been posting.... Are you guys sure that we got the Fantasy Single Category right? There is a Chaos Sorcerer in Silver Place... and I think I vaguely remember that one being called out at Games Day also... do you think that won the Silver instead of the Duelist?

Also, I have put links to the pictures in the List of Winners on the first page.

I met the guy who did them when we were lining up to put in the entries on the day, I have an email address in my stuff which I can share when I get around to unpacking a bit later this week.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:48 am 

hi all Oz friends
i just want to give my big congratulation to all the winners of your GD in particular to KyleM for this great prize you win, i see just a crisp pictures of your piece but seams a great painting work.
one more congratulation to my friend Sebastian, for his "return" on painting :P, as always your piece are a pleasure for our eyes. thank you!

Ave to all!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:45 am 

Tiljockey wrote:
Argh!!! whats going on! I hear I have this place and that and slowly its all slipping away haha! think i might steer clear for a bit until we have an idea.

Hey Tiljockey
Really sorry for you feeling dissapointed, I am the guy who did the choas sorceror in silver position, if its any consolation, I was told by the staff at my local store on Sunday that I had won a gold and silver, so was over the moon, but have since been downgraded to a silver and bronze (not complaining), don't get me wrong, I am EXTREMELY pleased to have won anything, but thought I had got a gold...never mind.
It is dangerous to post the results on here without actually knowing if they are factually correct, best wait to see what GW put on their web site..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:48 am 

Sorry for any mix-ups in placings - these were pieced together from various people being asked "Do you remember what placed <insert category and placings here>?"

Best to call up GW and get a confirmation (and let us know) as we did not get given a list of names this year like we had in previous years.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:10 am 

Woot all is good. Dan Atrill asures my GW housemate that I got the gold.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:19 pm 

Oh, by the way my entry that won silver in the u18 singles was a Dark Eldar Archon :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:45 pm 

Simon Drewer won gold in u18 medium with a Blood Angels Terminator, and silver in Youngbloods with a Tomb King.

Dances are an important ingredient in painting for GD.

I'll accept that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next