Oz Painters

Forum for the Australian miniature painting and sculpting community
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:32 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:59 am 

obviously knarlok riders were not a highlight......i'm so vulnerable right now :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:52 pm 

RALPH wrote:
obviously knarlok riders were not a highlight......i'm so vulnerable right now :cry:

They might be teasing them out, trying to get the entries to last a few days or something like that.

Malifaux Henchman - "It's a game I play with models I paint and... Well, have you ever wondered what an eight foot tall angry teddy bear can do to a half-man, half-spider-robot? 'Cause I found out the other day..."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:13 pm 

Agreed.

Those knarloc riders were really impressive!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:43 pm 

Got my demons last night. The FW best o' show is rather rather noice. Even if I do say so myself.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:21 pm 

the results are up on the GW website
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/conte ... d=15000025

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:46 pm 

THOSE PHOTOS ARE SO CRAP.

SO.

CRAP.

Dances are an important ingredient in painting for GD.

I'll accept that.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:49 pm 

Some of them are good, like this one:

but then this one?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I'll accept that.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:54 pm 

I have to say... I am pretty underwhelmed by the pictures... I guess with all the waiting time between the comp and the release of the pics, I guess I was expecting more! :? I don't want to sound like a complainer... but you would think that more then one photo of the Slayer would be a good idea? no? Or even just a close up maybe? It might be too much to ask. :oops:

And it is a really sad turn of events when one of this suspected cheater's miniatures is disqualified, but still two remain as winning entries.... probably the worst outcome... as it doesn't say cheating is a bad thing, just getting caught is... which is what happened with the Dreadnought....

I am actually more upset now then I was when I first heard the news. I spent many valuable hours of my time trying to chase up leads with this cheating issue, and now in hindsight it seems like such a waste of my time. This is defiantly the last time I bother to chase up on people who have done wrong by the GD rules. Im keeping my mouth shut from now on.... :|

I believe that if you are caught cheating with one miniature in a competition, then you should really be stripped of all your wins in the same competition.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:59 pm 

KyleM wrote:
I have to say... I am pretty underwhelmed by the pictures... I guess with all the waiting time between the comp and the release of the pics, I guess I was expecting more! :?

I was expecting the photos to be in focus. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'll accept that.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:54 am 

I agree Kyle - that's shameful. The scumbag should have had all his entries DQ'd on principle.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:12 am 

Firstly I want to congratulate the winners. Pity about some of the pictures though, they are a bit blurry. I really want to be able to build a dirt mound base that Ogre is placed on- just stunning. I also wish to apologize to Kyle for giving him the impossible task of informing him (after receiving the information myself) that he had what is now obviously confirmed as a cheater amongst this year’s entries. The stress this has caused certainly hasn’t been good mate and for that I regret having to tell you.

On the other side of things the fact now he had an entry disqualified and nothing has been done about the others is just plain disgusting. I feel sorry for anybody that entered into these categories thinking that they would be given an even chance of winning, this has not been the case and tarnishes the whole event in that regard. This guy has cheated (and has done it before) and therefore all his entries should have been disqualified. The history behind this guy leaves little doubt that not only is he capable of doing this but he will go to the ends of the Earth to deny that he has done anything wrong. Nothing he presents in future should be taken at face value and he has basically been band from most (if not all) mainland tournaments because of previous attempts at cheating. This belittles the efforts to attempt to win such Events and has shown little regard for Australian Painters as a community. I know that in Australia we have an outstanding gaming/painting culture (fair play etc) however when we see things like this it goes against everything we stand for. I hope to never see this happen again and hope the people who made the final decision to include his other entries understand the precedent they have made by allowing this to occur.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/Jamie

Last edited by Arithon on Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:14 am 

Good Post Jamie. I was in the 40K single category and got a pin (which I believe is top 5?) so I'm particularly miffed. I'm not suggesting that I was 4, not 5 but, given that the 40K vehicle minis seem to have shuffled and a new demon was awarded - which isn't how I thought it worked (I thought the demon was just cancelled) it is quite disheartening.
I remember the guy at the regional final expounding about how long he spent painting the Dread model. I'm pretty cruisy and generally find most people OK but there was something about his boastfulness the rubbed me the wrong way. It turns out my Spidey Senses were right and he was a cheating git :evil:
On the upside it's great to see a lot of new names amongst the winners :D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:56 am 

Yep I totally agree. If someone is caught and proven guilty of cheating in the comp, then all their entries should be automatically disqualified. It's the only way not to have a weird murkiness surrounding the other entries, and in my opinion, it is more fair: if you cheat then you forego any rights in the competition, as an entrant, not just for a particular entry.

Some of the photos are pretty good, but I'm sorry to see such a disparity in photo quality between different entries...really not a good thing, and seems pretty unfair to the people who have the poorer photos. I'm not sure why all the photos are so tiny, either - can't see a reason for making them so small, and especially in the case of something like Mark's Open entry. A bit ridiculous.

All in all it's a shame that there has been so much drama and bad feeling after the event, which seemed like such a success on the actual GD day.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:08 am 

It defiantly now sets a precedence.... this guy can even enter next year... just make sure that pictures of the next miniatures he gets commissioned don't make their way online and he is sweet to claim them as his own work... this is awesome.

I still cant believe this is the out come.... even leaving the placings blank would have be better then knowingly have a cheater's entries as winners.

Also.... the WargamerAU topic about this incident is not there anymore... can anyone give me the link to where it went ? ..... (or a premise of what is being said, if it is Off Topic, as I dont have enough posts to look there... cheers :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:13 am 

I get it as deleted too Kyle - dunno what's going on there....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next