Oz Painters

Forum for the Australian miniature painting and sculpting community
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:07 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:37 pm 

DISCLAIMER: (Similar to last year) If your miniature doesn't appear here, I apologise, I either missed photographing it or the photograph was too poor to do it justice. Also the photos are the best I could manage shooting under the lighting conditions and the crab like shuffle done on my knees. I've attempted to capture an angle that excludes other miniatures where possible while working with the limitations described.

Also, there was no screen showing the winning entrants, so if I have messed up on the winners or anything else, just send me a private message and I'll update the post.

[GOLD]
[Silver]
[Bronze] - Sorry for the bad focus Kyle :oops:
[Other Entries]

Last edited by AngelO on Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:54 pm 

did i see gandalf the very grey in there :?:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:49 pm 

Haha, yes that was my entry! I didn't expect to place but it was a challenge to myself to paint a mini like that. Was trying to think outside the square with that... hmmm, don't think I pulled it off lol :P

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:14 am 

I missed the lighting on Frodo on the day. I only noticed it in the pictures which is a shame. Very nice work on him. I had a thought a few week ago of trying something similar, but I don't think I could do it that well.

Malifaux Henchman - "It's a game I play with models I paint and... Well, have you ever wondered what an eight foot tall angry teddy bear can do to a half-man, half-spider-robot? 'Cause I found out the other day..."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:20 am 

the resluts are finally up, and turns out second place was the other frodo, that you had in the other entries section :(

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:23 am 

I think there will probably be a few threads like this which will be edited to fall in line with the actual results. Some of the names as stated elsewhere were the entries people remembered winning, so human error and memory came into it. Didn't help that in some cases it wasn't possible to see names on cards to 100% confirm. They were both nice Frodo's though.

Malifaux Henchman - "It's a game I play with models I paint and... Well, have you ever wondered what an eight foot tall angry teddy bear can do to a half-man, half-spider-robot? 'Cause I found out the other day..."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:34 am 

Turelio wrote:
I think there will probably be a few threads like this which will be edited to fall in line with the actual results. Some of the names as stated elsewhere were the entries people remembered winning, so human error and memory came into it. Didn't help that in some cases it wasn't possible to see names on cards to 100% confirm. They were both nice Frodo's though.

yeah, im still gratefull that these threads were made so much earlier than gw released the results. Also, with my frodo with the glowing sword, the glow effect is actully really easy, only took around 5 mins. basically just a few layers of blue, gradually getting lighter. really simple :)