Oz Painters

Forum for the Australian miniature painting and sculpting community
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:54 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:29 pm 

There was an amazing miniature competition that took place in Italy over the weekend. The Monte San Savino Show. Sebastian was one of the guest judges, as well as a whole host of amazing painters were attending. I dont know who won what, but there are quite a few pretty pictures here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/110994637095161075903/MonteSanSavinoShow2011

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:42 pm 

28mm magna guard and general greivous looks interesting... for my purchase that is... Man there are so many minis here, would have been excellent to see them at the show, you would need a few days just to see them all!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:14 pm 

Yeah all the new Knight Models look amazing... This looks excellent... I think it was painted by Banshee:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:46 pm 

Looks like these are converted from the same base model. I wonder what model it is.

ps, just noticed that mage sketch in the background. must be the same range that banshee was painting for, with the 54mm mage, and rogue.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:52 pm 

I read on LegioPictorum that it is a new figure for the fantasy line of minis for SCALE75. Which you are correct Weisern, that mage and rogue were also from sculpted/painted by Banshee for them I believe.

I assume that the red armoured one is the original, and the blue is a conversion. Looks really cool! I must get one when it comes out!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:23 am 

Safe travels back, Seb. I hope you had fun. :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:30 pm 

Yep, the miniature is an upcoming release for Scale75. Looks like both are converted from the oringinal:

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/27/scf003avance.jpg

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:47 pm 

Seb, I expect a report-back when you are home! :P

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:07 am 

There is a video report on Massive Voodoo, from their first day in MSSS

http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.com/2011/11/monte-san-savino-show-2011-report-day-1.html

Sebastian cameo at 4:18 :P

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:44 pm 

Ciao guys! :)

Just a quick hello from Italy! I've been staying at franciuus' house this week :)

Monte San Savino last weekend was FANTASTIC...really incredible - the best show I have been to, the atmosphere was amazing. Mostly due to the unequalled hospitality of the Italian painting community: they created such a special feeling of friendship that outsiders like me or Roman and Raffa (jarhead and picster) were quite shocked and emotional all weekend! Whether it was drinking from the huge 20 litre bottle of 'medieval mead' being passed around late at night in the freezing cold in the centre of the town; the packed-to-breaking-point restaurant of Legio Pictorum members at the 'Legionnaires' dinner; or just the way we guests were so kindly looked after day to day and treated like international VIPs, the event was something we will never forget, and I'll hold the memories of my first Monte very dear forever, I think.

The competition itself was said to be the best of the year, in terms of quality and quantity...the standard of the figures was so high that many people were stunned. Judging was a very difficult and time-consuming task: my judging team took such a long time with one particular category (historical master painting) that we delayed everyone else for hours, and eventually we were all kicked out of the museum and had to return the following morning to complete the job! :lol:

The venue itself is quite unlike any other contest I have attended. The contest is held inside a historical museum, converted from a 13th century keep/armoury (if you can believe it!). So the miniatures are surrounded by ancient stonework, narrow passages, steep staircases, and a very medieval feel that creates an incredible sense of atmosphere.

All I can say is a huge THANK YOU to the organisers of Monte, and to all of the Italian community for creating such a memorable and beautiful event. I will never forget it - long live Monte San Savino! :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:23 am 

I had a similar experience at MSS. What a show!

Has Fra chained you to his painting desk yet? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:17 pm 

Second Massive Voodoo video of the MSSS show is now up.

http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.com/2011/11/monte-san-savino-show-2011-report-day-2.html

This one has lots of Sebastian cameos. :P

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:53 pm 

automaton wrote:
I will never forget it - long live Monte San Savino! :D

A Monte!
Salute!! It was such a joyful weekend, yes.

Good to hear that you are still alive, buddy! Raffa and I are seriously missing you as it feels so strange not knowing when we see eachother again due the distance that keeps us seperated. Make sure to hug Fra a big gorilla hug from me and Raffa!

Hope you enjoy your days!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:11 pm 

the beauty and the beast sculpt at 3:02 looks fantastic!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:29 am 

weisern wrote:
the beauty and the beast sculpt at 3:02 looks fantastic!

Yeah, love that piece too ...