Oz Painters

Forum for the Australian miniature painting and sculpting community
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:40 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: GD Uk 2012 pictures
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:30 am
Posts: 240
Location: Shrewsbury, UK
Just back from GDUK and what a brilliant day. I only managed finalist but got good feedback to work on for next year. The slayer sword is amazing and well deserved. Got some OK pictures. I haven't got a full list of winners but most of my pictures are finalists or winners.

GDUK Slayer Sword
Image
Image

40k Gold
Image
40k Silver ( i think)
Image
40 Bronze
Image

Rest of the photos with FW future releases
http://www.tartanpaint.info/2012/09/23/ ... F9gEVHZ3ng

There's also a few future releases in the gallery.


Abbadon WIP
Image

_________________
Currently painting:
Lamenters StormTalon Gunship

Visit Tartan Paint Studios


Last edited by Munger on Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GD Uk 2012 pictures
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:16 am
Posts: 425
Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom.
Munger wrote:


Horus WIP
Image


Abbadon mate!

Great day though! I'm having doubts as to whether any photos of the sword winner will show just how bloody awesome it was! Just stunning in the flesh - suddenly realising that when the winners were being announced I was right by the thing with no-one else around, I had a chance to get a really good look at it. Amazing.

_________________
My gallery of little painted folk.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GD Uk 2012 pictures
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:07 am
Posts: 100
Location: Adelaide
The sword winner was a Polish painter Karol Rudyk...

http://www.facebook.com/masterminis.net?ref=stream


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GD Uk 2012 pictures
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 19
Hey yall!

I just got back from an aweseome weekend in Birmingham where we attended the Games Day 2012 UK and just uploaded the Award Ceremony and pictures of most entries (sorted by finalist - not finalist) already and have also started creating a link collection (if you know my blog, you know what I mean).

So without further ado: Here is the link collection.


I will have a
- Massive Voodo Workshop report next week.
- competition report of Hussar 2012 in Poland.
- GD France (end of October)
- Maybe GD Italy
- And Mont San Salvino (November)
coming up...

What I wanna say is: It is not the worst move in the world to subscribe to my blog

I hope you enjoy the pics, vids and links.

BTW: I will give away Forge World's first Primarch ANGRON (50 Pound value) on my blog as well - see rules tomorrow!

Oh no! I gave you another reason to subscribe! Awesome giveaways!

Anywho - 3am I am talking crazy... Good night!

_________________
Image
masterminis.net - Where we learn to be a better painter!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GD Uk 2012 pictures
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 19
Apparently, I was too tired to create a post with working links last night :D

I fixed the broken links - now all is working. Here the collection page again.

_________________
Image
masterminis.net - Where we learn to be a better painter!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GD Uk 2012 pictures
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:51 pm
Posts: 1093
Location: sydney
Thanx for the links man 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GD Uk 2012 pictures
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:30 am
Posts: 240
Location: Shrewsbury, UK
Joek wrote:
Abbadon mate!


Doh! I'm sure I saw a sign saying Horus WIP :s - I thought it didn't look very Horus like lol

_________________
Currently painting:
Lamenters StormTalon Gunship

Visit Tartan Paint Studios


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GD Uk 2012 pictures
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:35 pm
Posts: 121
Location: Southend on Sea, UK
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
Hey yall!

I just got back from an aweseome weekend in Birmingham where we attended the Games Day 2012 UK and just uploaded the Award Ceremony and pictures of most entries (sorted by finalist - not finalist) already and have also started creating a link collection (if you know my blog, you know what I mean).

So without further ado: Here is the link collection.


I will have a
- Massive Voodo Workshop report next week.
- competition report of Hussar 2012 in Poland.
- GD France (end of October)
- Maybe GD Italy
- And Mont San Salvino (November)
coming up...

What I wanna say is: It is not the worst move in the world to subscribe to my blog

I hope you enjoy the pics, vids and links.

BTW: I will give away Forge World's first Primarch ANGRON (50 Pound value) on my blog as well - see rules tomorrow!

Oh no! I gave you another reason to subscribe! Awesome giveaways!

Anywho - 3am I am talking crazy... Good night!



Thanks for the upload

Thats is a lot of pics, and you still managed to miss mine.

I am beginning to think I dreamt going. I have looked through hundreds of pics, and not one of my entry is there....Hmm did I even enter :roll: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GD Uk 2012 pictures
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:16 am
Posts: 425
Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom.
atacam wrote:

I am beginning to think I dreamt going. I have looked through hundreds of pics, and not one of my entry is there....Hmm did I even enter :roll: :lol:


:( - The amount of people squashed into the comp area meant I saw hardly anything. It was only right at the end of the day (when most of the stuff had been picked up!) that I managed to at least see a few things - had a nice long time drooling over the SS winner though, so that was good!

If I do go next year, I really must sort out a proper route to see more - didn't see any of the armies on parade stuff, and they looked rather awesome too!

_________________
My gallery of little painted folk.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GD Uk 2012 pictures
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 5:28 pm
Posts: 19
Hello my most excellent Australians :D

I hope its OK to post this here, as its GD UK related:

I would like to let you know about a giveaway that I am running on my blog. Its rather special, as I will be giving away the new Forge World Primarch ANGRON. Only 200 Angrons were available at Games Day UK and it will be a few weeks before you can even buy it (at the hefty tag of 50 british pounds...).

You can register for this free giveaway until October 7th. The drawing will be held on October 8th.

Image So whats better than winning one? Here are the rules.

Coincidentally, I also run my 200th subscriber giveaway as we are quickly approaching this barrier. In fact, I am absolutely certain, that we will break it TODAY. That means, you will have to register today in order to have a chance to win the subscriber only white dwarf pirate.

ImageAnd here are the rules for winning this lovely pirate... Arrrrr!

Good luck to everyone!

_________________
Image
masterminis.net - Where we learn to be a better painter!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GD Uk 2012 pictures
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:07 am
Posts: 100
Location: Adelaide
You are most welcome to post here Beeble...

Always pleased to get updates on GD's...

Are you going to Italy?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GD Uk 2012 pictures
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:35 pm
Posts: 121
Location: Southend on Sea, UK
Joek wrote:
atacam wrote:

I am beginning to think I dreamt going. I have looked through hundreds of pics, and not one of my entry is there....Hmm did I even enter :roll: :lol:


:( - The amount of people squashed into the comp area meant I saw hardly anything. It was only right at the end of the day (when most of the stuff had been picked up!) that I managed to at least see a few things - had a nice long time drooling over the SS winner though, so that was good!

If I do go next year, I really must sort out a proper route to see more - didn't see any of the armies on parade stuff, and they looked rather awesome too!


Well here is a pic, that I think contains the most that have seen of my piece in any picture. :roll:

Image

Look carefully at the top right hand corner, you can just see the blurry banner, that's it :lol: :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GD Uk 2012 pictures
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:33 pm
Posts: 2180
Location: Sydney, NSW
So who would like to buy the slayer sword? (The pointy thing, not the model):

http://volomir.blogspot.com.es/2012/10/ ... -2012.html

_________________
Blog | My CMON Gallery | Twitter

Malifaux Henchman - "It's a game I play with models I paint and... Well, have you ever wondered what an eight foot tall angry teddy bear can do to a half-man, half-spider-robot? 'Cause I found out the other day..."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GD Uk 2012 pictures
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:35 pm
Posts: 121
Location: Southend on Sea, UK
Personally I think its wrong, but then it is his choice.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GD Uk 2012 pictures
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:29 am
Posts: 2253
Location: sydney
Ha....wonder if anyone will buy it!

I understand why people think it's wrong/weird and it somehow seems a bit...I dunno...un-sporting or un-appreciative or something like that? However, I've gotta say, if someone offered me $600, I'd probably sell them my sword, too - I am pretty hard-up for cash these days!

Personally, I don't get particularly attached to trophies - mine all sit shoved away in boxes under the wardrobe anyway (I even gave some away at hte Crystla Brush coz I couldn't fit them in my bag and didn't want to carry them, hehe). Some people like to display them, but if that's not your thing, then why hold on to them...? Selling your trophy doesn't mean you lose the 'victory' - nobody can take that away! A trophy is just a physical symbol of something that you achieved. So if you don't really care that much about it, and it will make someone else really happy...then why hold on to it?

_________________
Image and the GoH store: Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 10 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group