Oz Painters

Forum for the Australian miniature painting and sculpting community
It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:07 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Golden Demon 2016
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:55 pm 

GD 2016 was run and won over the weekend. I haven't had a chance to dig through all the photos at the moment, but Volmir has pretty good coverage on his new page:
http://volomir.com/index.php/2016/05/15 ... emon-2016/

The Sword went to David Soper (Sproket) for Gutrot Spume:
http://volomir.com/index.php/2016/05/15 ... d-goes-to/

Malifaux Henchman - "It's a game I play with models I paint and... Well, have you ever wondered what an eight foot tall angry teddy bear can do to a half-man, half-spider-robot? 'Cause I found out the other day..."

Post subject: Re: Golden Demon 2016
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:24 pm 

Yeah I had seen the Sword winnner and updated the other thread with all the sword winners in it.... but hadnt seen any results of other people who placed, or what entries won.

Looks like a lot of nice entries!!! Very clean paint work on stock minis or minimally converted miniatures on well presented base. But for me... it some how was lacking that old GD charm.... those WOW entries, iconic entries. The GD seems to be going more and more towards an Eavy Metal style. Not saying its wrong, they are very very well painted, and show a lot of skill, I just didnt find a diverse range of entries in different paint styles or imaginative 'out of the box' type entries we have been used to from the older competitions.

However, in saying that... its so nice to have it back... I loved GD and if this will be the single GD competition, then I will try and make it over to the UK one time to compete again. Its starting to get its legs back... now I am sure next year will be even bigger and better! It can only grow from here.

I think without a doubt that miniature deserved the sword. It looks amazing, flawless, and we have all probably been following David Soper's progress on his blog or on forums. Congrats to him!

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 3:10 am 

You can see some of the winners here, a shame they dont put the person's name!

https://golden-demon.com/

Also I saw this on Facebook... looks awesome! Maybe my favourite entry.... anyone knows who did it? I would guess its probably an GW staffer, considering how sophisticated of a entry it is with a model that only came out a week ago! :P

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 6:41 pm 

It reminds me of pastel, softer transitions maybe. Very much leaning towards heavy metal style in the competition overall.